By Travelzoo Staff
The New York Post
praises the workshops held at Mia Chef Gelateria, saying "cold confection is taken seriously." New York Magazine likes the variety of flavor options
offered at this Midtown gem. For $59 per person, learn to make gelato or sorbet during a two-hour class and take four pints of your creations home
Why we love it
- Learn the art of gelato- or sorbet-making
- Get 4 pints of sorbet or gelato to take home
- Or for $99, cover you plus a friend
- Yelp users give this activity 4 stars
July 17, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Mia Chef Gelateria
379 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 10016
- Start the experience by learning the history of gelato or sorbet and the process used to make it. After that lesson, students will mix their own batter with flavors that could include Sicilian pistachio, dark Belgian chocolate and Madagascar vanilla gelato, or sorbet flavors like blood orange, lemon vodka or mojito.
- Or try this experience with a friend and save more. For $99, regularly $240, two people can take the class and each receive four pints of sorbet or gelato to take home.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, July 18, through Aug. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made online. Sorbet classes are offered on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.; additional classes may be added based on demand. Gelato classes are offered offered Monday-Friday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and weekend sessions are available on Saturday and Sunday from 3-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms