By Travelzoo Staff
Getting up close and personal with the Statue of Liberty aboard a 158-foor topsail schooner, is just about the coolest thing you could do on a warm spring day in New York City and City Clipper does not disappoint.
Why we love it
- Sail through New York Harbor to the Statue of Liberty on a majestic schooner
- Manhattan by Sail earns 4-plus stars from TripAdvisor and Yelp reviewers
- For $20 (reg. $39), get a 90-minute sail for 1 person
- For $39 (reg. $78), get a Statue Sail for 2 people
- For $49 (reg. $103), depart on an evening Jazz Sail with live music and a cocktail
June 30, 2013 - Oct. 13, 2013
Manhattan By Sail
South Street Seaport
New York, NY 10038
- The 90-minute sail, which leaves under the shadows of the Brooklyn Bridge (from Pier 17), takes in impressive views of Brooklyn, Manhattan’s Financial District, Governors Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- Passengers from all over the world relax, soaking up the sun, views and reasonably priced drinks ($6 for a Brooklyn Larger onboard), as the crew hoists the main sail and the Captain guides the 1854 replica gracefully through the harbor.
- This deal is particularly exciting for kids, the Captain is happy to let them help steer the City Clipper, as she rounds the harbor and passengers are encouraged to hoist the sails, or sit back and relax. Travelzoo offers discounts on adult tickets, you can buy kids tickets for $17 per child when you call to book your spot.
- For $20 (reg. $39), get a 90-minute Daytime Statue Sail for one person
- For $39 (reg. $78), nab a 90-minute Daytime Statue Sail for two people
- For $49 (reg. $103), get a two-hour evening Jazz Sail plus a cocktail for one person
- Travelzoo Deal Expert Rating
- 10/10 – Chris Loughlin from Travelzoo tested this deal
- with his family on 5/5/13
- Daytime Statue Sails are available twice daily Tuesday-Sunday (note: this deal is not valid for Saturday sails); Jazz Sails depart every Wednesday at 9:45 p.m. from June 5 - Sept. 25.
The fine print
Reservations can be made immediately. Statue Sail vouchers can be redeemed Tuesday, July 2, through Oct. 13, 2013; Jazz Sail vouchers can be redeemed Wednesday, July 3, through Sept. 25, 2013. Online reservations are required and subject to availability. Daytime Statue Sail vouchers are not valid on Saturdays. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. There is a $10 rescheduling fee per ticket if you cancel your reservation with less than 24 hours’ notice. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms