By Travelzoo Staff
The Village Voice calls the Lower East Side "one of the city's uniformly best eating destinations
." For $24 (regularly $60), Travelzoo subscribers can learn about the neighborhood's rich history and sample some of its acclaimed dishes on a Taste of the Lower East Side walking tour
Why we love it
- Includes 5 samples from award-winning LES institutions
- Visit Katz's Deli, Kossar's Bialys and Economy Candy
- Good for use through summer
June 9, 2013 - Aug. 25, 2013
367 Grand St.
New York, NY 10002
Tel: 212-201-1223 x 1
- Two-hour tours take place on Sunday afternoons through August and include five samples from award-winning venues such as:
- Pastrami from Katz's Delicatessen, a New York Magazine Critics' Pick that is "the only place in town that still carves all its pastrami and corned beef by hand --and it makes a huge difference"
- Bialys at Kossar's Bialys, rated "excellent" (26) by Zagat, which says it "doesn't get better, fresher or more authentic" than these bialys made "the way bubbie's bubbie used to make" them
- Chocolate-covered halvah from Economy Candy, which Zagat calls an "amazing" LES "wonderland"
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Sunday, June 16, through Aug. 25, 2013. Online reservations are required. 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays. Children under age 3 are free with a paid adult. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms