By Travelzoo Staff
Feel the rush of piloting a single rotor helicopter in the sky above New York with a private flight lesson from Wings Air in White Plains, an experience Travelzoo subscribers say you "must try." For $109, regularly $156, take to the sky with this two-part lesson.
Why we love it
- Take a private helicopter lesson near New York with Wings Air in White Plains
- Includes 30 minutes of ground instruction and 15 minutes of flight time for $109
- Take control of the helicopter during your private lesson
- For $149, get the same package with added flight time
- Wings Air is one of the closest flight schools to Manhattan
- 95% of Travelzoo subscribers enjoyed their last experience
May 20, 2013 - Nov. 24, 2013
18 Hangar Rd.
White Plains, NY 10604
- The experience begins with 30 minutes of ground instruction to learn about basic aircraft components, maneuvers and flight controls. Then, take to the air with a 15-minute flight. Under the guidance of an experienced commercial pilot, take the controls and perform straight and level flight maneuvers as well as climbs, turns and descents.
- For $149, regularly $288, get a flight experience that includes 30 minutes of ground instruction and 30 minutes of flight time.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, June 14 through Nov. 24, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. 48 hour cancellation policy. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be under 275 pounds to participate. Must be 14 years old or older; those under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign waiver. Subject to weather conditions. Flights are conducted at the sole discretion of Wings Air and may be cancelled if not deemed safe for any reason. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms