By Travelzoo Staff
The New York Post
praises the workshops held at Mia Chef Gelateria, saying "cold confection is taken seriously," and New York Magazine likes the plethora of different flavors
at this Midtown gem. For $59 per person, learn to make gelato or sorbet during a two-hour class and take four pints of your creations home
, regularly $120.
Why we love it
- For $59 per person, take a gelato- or sorbet-making class at Mia Chef Gelateria in Midtown
- This deal includes a class with tastings and 4 pints of sorbet or gelato to take home, regularly $120
- Or for $99, buy a voucher to cover you plus a friend, regularly $240
- Yelp users give this activity 4 stars
April 10, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Mia Chef Gelateria
379 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 10016
- Start the experience by learning the history behind gelato or sorbet and the process used to make it. After the oral lesson, students will mix their own batter with flavors that could include Sicilian pistachio, dark Belgian chocolate and Madagascar vanilla gelato, or sorbet flavors like blood orange, lemon vodka or mojito.
- Or, try this experience with a friend and save more. For $99, two people can take the class and each receive four pints of sorbet or gelato to take home, regularly $240.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, April 11, through Aug. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made online. Sorbet classes are offered on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.; additional classes may be added based on demand. Gelato classes are offered offered Monday-Friday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and weekend sessions are available on Saturday and Sunday from 3-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms