By Travelzoo Staff
The certified instructors at Danny Waizman Flight School and Aircraft Rental have been teaching New Yorkers to fly for more than 15 years. Work toward earning your own wings with a private flight lesson from this Farmingdale-based flight school.
Why we love it
- For $115, get a private flight lesson at Danny Waizman Flight School and Aircraft Rental
- Regularly $230, the 2-hour lesson includes ground and air instruction
- The certified instructors have been teaching New Yorkers to fly since 1996
- Flight time counts toward hours needed to get a pilot's license
- For $159, get a 3-hour flight lesson for 2 people
Dec. 5, 2012 - June 27, 2013
Danny Waizman Flight School and Aircraft Rental
Atlantic Aviation Terminal, Republic Airport
233 Route 109 North
Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Travelzoo subscribers can choose from two lesson packages:
- $115 for a two-hour lesson for one person, including up to one hour of ground training and up to one hour of flight time, regularly $230
- $159 for a three-hour lesson for two people, including up to one hour of ground training and up to two hours of flight time (one per student), regularly $400
- After learning about flight safety and the physics of flight, climb aboard a single-engine Piper PA28-161 or Cessna 172 and take to the skies above Long Island. Sitting alongside the instructor, students will take the controls themselves while enjoying unbeatable bird's-eye views.
- Note: Flight time is considered the time the engine starts until the time the engine shuts off.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Dec. 27, through June 27, 2013. Two forms of ID, ideally a driver's license and passport, are required to participate. Non-U.S. citizens must present a passport. An additional $30 fuel charge will apply at time of lesson. Must be at least 5 years old and weigh under 300 pounds to participate. If under age 16, must arrive with a parent or guardian. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms