By Travelzoo Staff
Take in the picturesque bluegrass pastures or stroll down the art-filled Main Street before retiring to Boone Tavern Hotel with a deal that saves nearly 45%. Named after pioneer Daniel Boone, this Berea, Ky., property offers a $109 overnight package that includes a $25 dining credit.
Why we love it
- The quaint inn was named the Best Historic Hotel in Kentucky by Official Best last year and is part of the Historic Hotels of America. It recently completed a $11-million renovation to preserve its historic beauty, and became a LEED Gold Certified Green Hotel.
- With its many art galleries, shops and studios, Berea earns its title as the Folk Arts and Crafts Capital of Kentucky from state legislature. Set on Berea College Square, the inn's guest rooms feature wood furnishings handcrafted by students of the college -- signifying the arts and culture embraced by the school and its community.
- Fill up on traditional Southern cuisine that incorporates local ingredients at the popular, on-site restaurant. Try its signature spoonbread -- cornbread souffle served by the spoonful right out of the skillet. While on campus, tour student crafts for a glimpse of woodwork, weaving and wrought-iron craftsmanship, or peruse art galleries along the square.
- Berea is 45 minutes from Lexington, two hours from Knoxville and two hours from Cincinnati.
- Terms & Conditions
- Once the room is reserved with the hotel, hotel cancellation policy prevails, and cancellations or changes must be made seven days prior to arrival. Hotel-imposed penalties may apply. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. There is no charge for additional adults or children. Parking is complimentary. This hotel is pet-friendly; a $50 nonrefundable fee will be charged. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Purchase multiple vouchers to stay multiple nights. Taxes and gratuity are additional. Voucher must be used in 1 visit.
Boone Tavern Hotel
100 Main Street North
Berea, KY 40404
What's included & when
- Dec. 20, 2012 - March 15, 2013
- Quaint Kentucky retreat for 2 at historic Boone Tavern at nearly 45% off
- $109 for a 1-night stay in a standard room
- $129 for a 1-night stay in a larger suite with soaking tub
- $25 dining credit at the restaurant featuring local cuisine
- Travel through March 15, including weekends
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 859-985-3700 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Dec. 26-31, 2012; Feb. 15-16; March 6-8, 2013. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.