By Travelzoo Staff
The LA Times declares Aburiya Toranoko to be a "lively new addition to the scene," while Zagat praises its "novel small plates" and "festive" atmosphere (22). For $59, regularly $158, two can indulge in a five-course chef's tasting dinner at this downtown izakaya.
Why we love it
- For $59 (reg. $158), 2 can feast on a 5-course dinner at Aburiya Toranoko downtown
- The LA Times calls it a "lively new addition to the scene"
- Aburiya Toranoko boasts 3 OpenTable Diners' Choice awards
- It's helmed by acclaimed restauranteur Michael Cardenas, owner of Lazy Ox
April 22, 2013 - July 22, 2013
243 S. San Pedro St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Exclusive to Travelzoo subscribers, the tasting menu includes:
- First course
- Toranoko medley: oyster with ponzu sauce, uni goma tofu and ceviche of the day
- Second course
- Assorted fish carpaccio with yuzu citrus olive oil
- Third course
- Robata skewers: tsukune, black cod, salmon, tomato and zucchini
- Fourth course
- Chef's choice of premium sushi OR rib eye steak with truffle teriyaki sauce
- Fifth course
- Dessert of the day
- Helmed by acclaimed restauranteur Michael Cardenas of Lazy Ox, Aburiya Toranoko has received three OpenTable Diners' Choice awards, including Fit for Foodies and Best Service. Gayot applauds the eatery for being "so different from other Japanese restaurants in town," noting that "good execution and service consistently prevail."
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 22, through July 22, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Valid for 2 diners only. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Limit 2 vouchers per table. The restaurant is closed on Sundays. Seasonal items are subject to change. No substitutions or modifications. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms