By Travelzoo Staff
Zip Sushi Izakaya is a "hip, stylish venue" in the downtown Arts District with a "lovely" patio, says Gayot
, and Zagat recommends the "casual, fun" sushi rolls and cooked fare that fuses a variety of Asian cuisines. For $39, dine on a three-course sushi dinner for two with martinis or specialty cocktails plus sake to share, regularly $81.
Why we love it
- For $39, 2 can enjoy a 3-course Japanese dinner for 2 with martinis and sake at Zip Sushi Izakaya, regularly $81
- Dinner includes 2 small plates to begin, 2 rolls or a sushi/sashimi combo and a dessert to share
- Also get 2 specialty cocktails or martinis plus a large house sake to share
- Dine in the "hip, stylish" dining room or outside on the "lovely" patio (Gayot)
- Or for $79, opt for a 6-course chef's tasting menu dinner (changes nightly) for 2 with drinks, regularly $168
Oct. 9, 2012 - Dec. 21, 2012
Zip Sushi Izakaya
744 E. 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90013
- This dinner includes:
- Any two small specialty or vegetarian plates, such as the Zip AlbaCado (fresh seared albacore wrapped in avocado slices -- the house "showstopper") or jalapeno tuna tempura
- Choice of one of the following: Two sushi rolls (up to $12 each), like the popular Zip Fusion Roll with tuna, salmon and red snapper topped with masago; sushi combo #2 with eight pieces of sushi, eight pieces of California or spicy tuna roll and five pieces of chef's choice sashimi; or mini sashimi combo with chef's choice of 13 pieces of sashimi
- A shared dessert, such as tempura-fried green tea ice cream
- Two beers, glasses of wine, martinis or cocktails, such as a mango passion specialty soju cocktail (up to $9 each)
- A large house sake
- Or for $79, opt for the six-course Omakase dinner for two, regularly $168. This chef-selected menu changes nightly, and the deal includes two drinks (up to $9 each).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Oct. 9, through Dec. 21, 2012. Reservations are required. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. Limit 3 vouchers per table. No substitutions. Valid for dinner, dine-in only. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included; please tip on the full value of the check. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms