By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can soar over scenic parts of LA with a private flight lesson from South Coast Aeronautics. For $99, regularly $230, take control of the cockpit and receive a 45-minute flight lesson along the Pacific Ocean from an FAA-certified pilot.
Why we love it
- For under $100, get a flight lesson with an FAA-certified pilot
- Get a bird's eye view of the Southern California coastline
- Includes 25 minutes of hands-on flying time
- Or for less than $160, fly above the Hollywood sign
July 24, 2013 - Oct. 27, 2013
South Coast Aeronautics
3301 Airport Drive
Torrance, CA 90505
- The lesson begins with a 20-minute pre-flight briefing, in which the instructor explains the airplane fundamentals. From here, the student sits in the cockpit with the instructor and receives 25 minutes of hands-on flight time. During the flight, students will soar over the Southern California coast, taking in panoramic views of Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach and Long Beach.
- Or for $159, regularly $350, extend your experience with a 70-minute lesson, which allows you to enjoy sweeping views of the Hollywood sign, downtown Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, movie studios and other landmarks. This deal includes 50 minutes of hands-on flying time and 20 minutes of ground instruction.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, July 27, through Oct. 27, 2013. Valid for 1 person only. Reservations required; must be made at least 24 hours in advance. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Flight times subject to availability and weather. Must be at least 18 years old or older to fly or be accompanied by an adult. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms