By Travelzoo Staff
Perfect as a bucket list achievement, this Local Deal gives car enthusiasts a chance to drive or ride in an open-cockpit Indy-style racecar at top speeds and save 50% or more. Choose between a three-hour experience that puts you behind the wheel or a three-lap ride-along with a professional racing instructor.
Why we love it
- Drive in an Indy-style racecar at Auto Club Speedway
- Get behind the wheel and circle the track for 5 minutes
- Valid for all race dates -- the next set begins Oct. 10
June 30, 2013 - March 12, 2015
Mario Andretti Racing Experience
Mario Andretti: Auto Club Speedway
9300 Cherry Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
- Option 1: For $199, drive the Indy-style race car yourself during a five-minute timed racing session at Auto Club Speedway. It's just you and the competition as there is no lead car to follow, no instructor riding with you and passing is allowed. This three-hour Mario Andretti Racing Experience normally costs $400 and includes meeting with the crew chief, driver's fee, training, instruction, racing equipment and in-car radio communication with your spotter. Upon completion, receive a graduate certificate noting your top speed and a souvenir racing license.
- Option 2: For $64, ride as a passenger for three laps with a professional driving instructor in a two-seater. Sit in the passenger seat as the race car reaches speeds of up to 180 mph during the Mario Andretti Ride-Along Experience, which regularly costs $130.
- Valid for any race dates through March 12, 2015. Currently scheduled dates include Oct. 10, 13. Also valid for NASCAR Racing Experience dates (currently scheduled include Oct. 9, 11, 12). More dates will be added; see website schedule to review dates. Call Mario Andretti Racing Experience with any questions on future dates and availability.
The fine print
Valid for any race dates through March 12, 2015. Vouchers can be redeemed 24 hours after purchase. Reservations are required. Drivers must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds and under 300 pounds and 6 feet, 7 inches. Riders must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds. Drivers must be 18 years old or older with a valid driver's license. For riders under 18 years old, parental consent is required. Reservations are subject to availability, weather and track conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms