By Travelzoo Staff
Just in time for Father's Day, Travelzoo subscribers can take to the sky with a private flight lesson from Encore Flight Academy, which has a 4-star Yelp rating. For $99, regularly $300, take control of a plane with instruction from an FAA-certified pilot.
Why we love it
- For more than 65% off, get a flight lesson with an FAA-certified pilot
- Fly over LA landmarks like the Hollywood sign & Santa Monica Pier
- 97% of Travelzoo users "love" this deal
- Rated 4 stars on Yelp
June 13, 2013 - Dec. 15, 2013
Encore Flight Academy
Van Nuys Airport
16700 Roscoe Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- The lesson begins with a 20-minute pre-flight briefing, in which the instructor explains the airplane fundamentals. From here, the student sits in the cockpit with the instructor and receives 30 minutes of hands-on flight time. During the flight, students can get a bird's-eye view of the Hollywood sign, Malibu coastline and Santa Monica Pier. Following the lesson, students get a logbook to take home.
- Or for $149, regularly $423, receive the flight lesson plus 30 minutes in a high-tech flight simulator, which features 200-degree wraparound visuals. With this deal, a friend can join in on the flight simulator session and serve as a passenger during the flight lesson. NOTE: The friend cannot fly the plane.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, June 15, through Dec. 15, 2013. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person. Reservations required; must be made at least 24 hours in advance. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Flight times subject to availability and weather. Must be at least 18 years old to fly or be accompanied by an adult. Weight limit is 450 lbs. per flight. For the flying lesson and simulator for 2 package: Only 1 person can fly the plane during the lesson; the second person can be a passenger during the lesson but cannot fly the plane. Both people can participate in the flight simulator session.
See all terms