By Travelzoo Staff
Take the cockpit controls of a Diamond DA20 with this $99 deal for a private flight lesson over LA. This hourlong hands-on experience, including 40 minutes of flying time, departs Van Nuys Airport with Encore Flight Academy and is regularly $349.
Why we love it
- Pilot a plane over LA for $99 with this hourlong flight lesson
- Depart Van Nuys Airport and soar over iconic landmarks like the Hollywood sign
- Includes a pre-flight briefing and 40 minutes of hands-on flying time for 1 person
- Practice turns, climbs and descents
- For $149, get the lesson for 2 people plus 30 minutes in the simulator
- Save more than 70% on these deals, which make great holiday gifts
Dec. 14, 2012 - June 16, 2013
Encore Flight Academy
Van Nuys Airport
16700 Roscoe Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Each lesson is led by an FAA-certified instructor, who begins by providing a basic knowledge of all the onboard controls. Then, take to the skies to practice climbs, descents and turns in the Diamond DA20, Encore's newest aircraft type.
- Choose to schedule the lesson during the day or at night. From the pilot's seat, admire views of iconic LA landmarks like the Hollywood sign, Malibu coastline and Santa Monica Pier. At the end of the lesson, you'll receive a logbook to take home.
- Or for $149, get the flight lesson with simulator time and bring a friend along to experience it with you. Normally $499, this package includes the same ground training, a 45- to 50-minute hands-on flight lesson, plus 30 minutes in Encore's full-motion state-of-the-art Redbird FMX flight simulator, featuring 200-degree views. With this deal, you'll receive the logbook plus a video of the experience.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sunday, Dec. 16, through June 16, 2013. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person. Reservations are required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 18 years old or older to fly or be accompanied by an adult. Weight limit is 450 pounds per flight. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms