By Travelzoo Staff
Sample unique varieties while learning everything about the world of specialty tea from leading experts at the second annual International Tea Festival, held at the Japanese American National Museum in downtown LA. Travelzoo subscribers can attend either day of this event, held on Oct. 27-28, for $10, regularly $20.
Why we love it
- Spend a day immersing yourself in the world of specialty tea for $10
- Attendees can taste unique varietals from top purveyors like LA's popular Chado Tea Room, which boats 300 tea types
- Event takes place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27, and Sunday, Oct. 28, at the Japanese National American Museum
- Proceeds from the festival go to the museum
- For $50, get admission plus a spot in a 2-hour tea "sommelier" class to learn everything about tea history, origins, varietals and production
Oct. 11, 2012 - Oct. 28, 2012
Los Angeles International Tea Festival
Chado Tea Room - Hollywood
6801 Hollywood Blvd., Ste. 209
Hollywood, CA 90028
- Mingle with industry experts and vendors at this event, which brings together a diverse group of authors, buyers, retailers, artists, educators and tea lovers from across the country for exhibits, presentations and tastings. You'll be able to sample tea from purveyors like LA's popular Chado Tea Room -- which boasts 300 types of specialty teas -- Harney & Sons Fine Teas and Aiya America, the top producer of Matcha green tea since 1888.
- For $50, get the general admission ticket plus a spot in a two-hour tea "sommelier" class at the event, regularly $120 total. Learn the fundamentals of tea history, origins, "terroir," varietals and production, and receive an official certification at the end of the course. Taught by leading tea author James Norwood Pratt and Devan Shah (founder of International Tea Importers and Chado Tea Rooms), the class takes place from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27, or 11 am. - 1 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28.
- Proceeds from the festival go to the Japanese National American Museum.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed on Saturday, Oct. 27, or Sunday, Oct. 28, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. only (depending on which deal you purchase). Must show valid photo ID matching the name on your voucher when you arrive. Limit 1 per customer per visit. Reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance for the tea classes and a 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Valid only for admission for the date you purchased (Oct. 27 or 28); may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates. All sales final for date-specific events. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms