By Travelzoo Staff
Taste and learn about award-winning wines with this Local Deal from The California Wine Guy, an expert sommelier and comedian who has appeared on shows such as "Chelsea Lately." For $29 per person, regularly $60, this 1.5-hour experience -- which takes place right on 3rd Street Promenade -- includes a blind tasting of five premium wines, a wine-tasting education and refreshments.
Why we love it
- For $29 per person, learn how to taste wine like an expert with a wine-tasting and education class from The California Wine Guy, regularly $60
- Put your new knowledge to the test with a blind tasting of 5 premium wines; try to identify the varietal, year and country
- The California Wine Guy is an expert sommelier and stand-up comedian who's appeared on "Chelsea Lately" -- classes are entertaining and interactive
- Classes take place on Saturday and Sunday afternoons at Monsoon Cafe on 3rd Street Promenade
- Include cheese, crackers and fruits
Oct. 2, 2012 - Dec. 16, 2012
The California Wine Guy
Classes take place at Monsoon Café
1212 3rd Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Classes take place Saturday and Sunday afternoons at either 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. within Monsoon Cafe. The California Wine Guy (aka Patrick Ney) breaks down the history of the wines you'll taste along with general myths and misunderstandings so you can learn how to identify different wines through sight, smell and taste. Then, put your new wine-tasting skills to the test with a blind tasting of five wines, in which you'll try to guess the varietal, year and country of production.
- Wines rotate weekly but may include varietals like Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc -- recently awarded a gold medal at the San Francisco International Wine Competition -- Laguna Ranch Chardonnay, Wild Horse Pinot Noir and Edge Cabernet.
- Ney mixes in a bit of stand-up comedy to create a fun, easygoing and interactive group environment. A snack plate of cheese, crackers and fruit is provided for the class to complement the wines.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Oct. 13, through Dec. 16, 2012. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Classes are offered on Saturdays and Sundays at 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. There is a minimum of 15 participants required for classes to take place; if fewer than 15 are booked, your reservation may be rescheduled. Maximum of 50 participants per class. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be of legal drinking age to use this deal. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms