By Olivia Salmonese
For half off, taste wines from around the world at a new event that features music and unlimited pours.
Why we love it
- Wines are chosen by The California Wine Guy -- an expert sommelier
- Each event lasts three hours and features unlimited pours
- Choose from two locations: Santa Monica (3rd Street Promenande) or Culver City
Nov. 4, 2013 - Jan. 24, 2014
SaMo and Culver City Wine Parties
- For $29 (reg. $60), sample a selection of wines at a SaMo Wine Party; held on select Fridays and Saturdays in Nov.-Dec. in either Santa Monica or Culver City
- The California Wine Guy (aka Patrick Ney) will be on hand to mingle with guests and explain what wines are being poured and break down components that make each varietal unique
- Food is available for purchase at each location; the Santa Monica location offers sushi specials, while the Culver City location sells burgers, pizzas and sandwiches
- Note: Past wine pours have included Justin Vineyards Cabernet, Tablas Creek Avalon Cabernet and Turley Wine Cellars Zinfandel
The fine print
The Culver City event is held on the following Saturdays from 6-9 p.m.: Nov. 9, Dec. 7 and Dec. 21. The Santa Monica event is held on the following Fridays from 7-10 p.m.: Nov. 8, Nov. 15, Nov. 22, Dec. 6 and Jan. 24. Wines will vary throughout the night. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Maximum of 140 participants per event. This voucher is for a date-specific event. Must be used for the date purchased. No refunds for date-specific events. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be used in one visit. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol.