By Travelzoo Staff
calls Mt. Waterman "the secret of southern California
: Less than 50 miles from downtown Los Angeles sits legitimate, steep, big-mountain skiing." For $25, hit the slopes with an all-day adult or teen (ages 13 and up) lift ticket that's valid through the end of the season, regularly $50.
Why we love it
- For $25, ski or snowboard at Mt. Waterman with an all-day lift ticket
- Use it Friday-Sunday through the end of the season
- For $59, get a package for 2 people, with 2 lift tickets and 2 lunches
- Lunch includes an entree, bag of chips, candy and drink
- Mt. Waterman is 45 minutes from downtown and has been open since 1939
- Choose from 25 runs, from beginner to advanced
Jan. 25, 2013 - April 28, 2013
Mt. Waterman Ski Area
California 2 Angeles Crest Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA
- Or for $59, regularly $132, get a package for two people that includes two all-day lift tickets and two lunch vouchers for an entree, a bag of chips, candy and a drink. Entree options include hot chili, a double burger, hot dog or bratwurst. Two people can use this package on the same day, or one person can redeem it on two separate visits.
- Open since 1939 and located 50 miles from downtown, Mt. Waterman is one of the closest ski and snowboard areas to LA. It features three chair lifts and 25 runs, from beginner to advanced, and a warming hut with a fireplace and scenic views.
- Note: Equipment rentals are not available at the mountain.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed as soon as the ski area opens, through April 28, 2013. Vouchers can be redeemed Friday-Sunday only. Check website for open dates and day-to-day snow conditions, as well as detailed driving directions. Rentals are not available at the mountain. Voucher will expire at the end of the 2012-13 season or April 28, 2013, whichever comes sooner. Subject to weather. Children under 7 years old are free with a paying adult. The $59 package for 2 may be used for 1 person on 2 days or for 2 people on 1 day. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms