By Travelzoo Staff
Set out into the Pacific to watch the gray whale migration now through spring with this Local Deal. For $35, two people can take this two-hour excursion with Harbor Breeze Cruises departing from Long Beach, regularly $70.
Why we love it
- For $35, embark on a 2-hour whale-watching excursion from Long Beach now through spring
- Current trips are spotting gray whales as they migrate down the West Coast
- Narrated by a naturalist, the tour also offers chances to spot dolphins and sea lions
- Harbor Breeze Cruises is rated 4 stars on Yelp and 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor
Nov. 28, 2012 - April 30, 2013
Harbor Breeze Cruises
100 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
- National Geographic writes that gray whales are "often spotted" along the West Coast during this migratory period from Alaska to warmer waters. Spot these magnificent creatures, plus dolphins, sea lions and other marine wildlife, during the scenic cruise. A naturalist guide from the Aquarium of the Pacific narrates about the sea life, history of the area and sights along the way, like the Queen Mary.
- Trips depart Monday-Friday at noon and 3 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday at 9 a.m. One of the boats frequently used for these excursions, The Christopher, has stadium-style seating allowing for prime viewing. Drinks and snacks are available for purchase onboard.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Nov. 30, through April 30, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made by e-mail. See voucher for instructions. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. Trips are weather permitting. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms