By Travelzoo Staff
"You'll be convinced you've stepped back in time when you walk through this 16 1/2-block area lined with Victorian commercial buildings," says Frommer's of San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, full of the city's most popular shopping, dining and nightlife.
Why we love it
- Stay just four blocks away to experience historic flair at a downtown hotel that was once a stagecoach company building. The Sofia Hotel -- part of the National Trust's Historic Hotels of America -- is discounting nightly rates by more than 50% into summer, including weekends.
- For $119 per night, two guests can relax in a room with a queen bed, or opt for room with a king bed for $125 nightly. Rooms with two double beds are $129 per night.
- This Travelzoo-exclusive deal includes one free appetizer at the hotel's Currant Brasserie, which Frommer's states is "worth a visit."
- The hotel is two blocks from a trolley stop that takes passengers to Little Italy, Old Town and PETCO Park. The San Diego Zoo is less than five miles away.
The Sofia Hotel
150 W Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
What's included & when
- April 26, 2013 - July 3, 2013
- Retreat to The Sofia Hotel in the heart of downtown San Diego for more than 50% off
- $119 per night in a queen room
- $125 per night in a king room
- $129 per night in a room with 2 double beds
- Includes 1 free appetizer at Currant Brasserie
- Travel through July 3, including weekends
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-826-0009 or 619-234-9200 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: April 26-27; May 3-7, 18, 25, 31; June 1, 22. A guest services fee of $7.95 per night is not included. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms