By Jen Lee
Swap smog and gridlock for the "clean air, crystal-clear water and the blissful absence of traffic" of Catalina Island (Frommer's), a one-hour ferry ride from LA.
Why we love it
- Nestled right across the water amid Crescent Avenue's bustling shops and restaurants
- "This romantic hotel could easily be in the heart of New Orleans' French Quarter" (The New York Times)
- Wander hiking trails, snorkel the clear waters, rent bikes or tour the island on golf cart
- Cafe Metropole was featured on the Cooking Channel for its locally foraged ingredients
205 Crescent Ave
Avalon, CA 90704
What's included & when
- Sundays-Thursdays through Oct. 30, 2014
- $149 per night for a deluxe room
$399 per night for a VIP mini-suite with full ocean views, balcony, whirlpool tub and fireplace
Both packages include complimentary daily breakfast, Wi-Fi and a bottle of Champagne
Catalina Island limits the number of vehicles allowed on its shores, but the scenic harbor in Avalon -- the island's main town -- is easy to navigate on foot. Taxis are also available, as are golf carts and bicycles for rent.
The fine print
Update (Sept. 22, 2:46 p.m. PST): This deal is no longer available on Sept. 22-25; Oct. 5, 8-12, 20-21, 23-26. Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-541-8528 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Based on double occupancy. Personal vehicles are not allowed on Catalina Island. Guests must use a ferry to reach the island and are responsible for arranging their own roundtrip ferry transportation. For more info on getting to the island, click here. This hotel is not pet-friendly. A 12% tax is payable to the hotel at the time of booking. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms