By Travelzoo Staff
Soar over Long Island during an hourlong private flight lesson with Global Aviation Corp. in East Farmingdale. For $129, take control of the aircraft and get a hands-on flying experience with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor.
Why we love it
- For $129, soar over Long Island on a 1-hour flying lesson with Global Aviation Corp. in East Farmingdale
- Regularly $239, this deal for 1 person includes 20 minutes of ground instruction and up to 40 minutes of flight time, plus a logbook, t-shirt and $200 gift certificate
- Or for $139, get this deal with an hour of flight time and 30 minutes of ground instruction, regularly $274
- Choose your route and get a bird's-eye view of the Long Island Sound or Jones Beach
- Lessons can be scheduled 7 days a week
Feb. 10, 2013 - May 30, 2013
Global Aviation Corp.
Republic Airport - Route 109
C/O Atlantic Aviation Building
East Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Regularly $239, this in-depth flying experience begins at Republic Airport and includes:
- 20 minutes of instruction in the aircraft on the ground learning the dynamics and instruments of the cockpit
- Up to 40 minutes of flight time over the route of your choice such as the Long Island Sound or Jones Beach
- Complimentary headset rental
- A logbook of your flight time to take home
- A $200 gift certificate to be used toward any Pilot License Package
- A souvenir t-shirt
- Six-month subscription to Flight Training Magazine
- Or for $139, get the same deal with more flight time -- this deal includes an hour of flight time, 30 minutes of ground instruction, logbook, t-shirt, magazine subscription and a $200 gift certificate, regularly $274.
- Bring your camera and have unlimited pictures taken of you during the trip to remember the experience.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Feb. 15, through May 31, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made online. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies and is subject to fee. First-time clients only. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Flight time will be credited toward Private Pilot License requirements. Open 7 days per week. Flight times are subject to availability and weather permitting. Weight restrictions apply; call the school for specifics. Must be at least 13 years old to fly; children ages 13-17 require parental waiver. A fuel surcharge may be applied if gasoline costs increase. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms