By Travelzoo Staff
Take control of an aircraft and get a hands-on flying experience with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor on an hourlong private flight lesson.
Why we love it
- Soar over Long Island or Connecticut on a 1-hour flying lesson with Global Aviation Corp.
- Choose your route and get a bird's-eye view of the Long Island Sound, Jones Beach or Stratford
- Lessons can be scheduled 7 days a week
- Flight time will be credited toward Private Pilot License requirements
June 25, 2014 - Nov. 30, 2014
Global Aviation Corp.
- For $129 (reg. $239), this in-depth flying experience begins at Republic Airport or Sikorsky Memorial Airport and includes:
- 20 minutes of instruction in the aircraft on the ground learning the dynamics and instruments of the cockpit
- Up to 40 minutes of flight time over the route of your choice such as the Long Island Sound or Jones Beach
- Complimentary headset rental
- A logbook of your flight time to take home
- A souvenir t-shirt
- Six-month subscription to Flight Training Magazine
- Or for $139, get the same deal with more flight time -- this deal includes an hour of flight time, 30 minutes of ground instruction, logbook, t-shirt and magazine subscription, regularly $274.
The fine print
Redeem starting June 25, 2014, during merchant's operating hours. Reservations are required and must be made online. Present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. 48-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. Valid for 1 person. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). First-time clients only. Flight time will be credited toward Private Pilot License requirements. Weight restrictions apply; call the school for specifics. Must be at least 13 years old to fly; children ages 13-17 require parental waiver. A fuel surcharge may be applied if gasoline costs increase.
See all terms