By Travelzoo Staff
Shelter Island -- located just across a narrow stretch of water from Long Island -- offers a low-key respite where "quiet country lanes wind across the island's rolling land," according to Fodor's. Visit this summer with an exclusive deal at the Candlelite Inn that saves nearly 50% on current pricing.
Why we love it
- With this deal for two, check in Sundays-Thursdays through July 18 or Sept. 3 - Oct. 10 for $139 per night. Make it a two-night trip for $269.
- The bed-and-breakfast, housed in a 180-year-old Victorian home, is situated in the center of the island, making it an ideal home base for casual bike rides or hiking through the Mashomack Nature Conservancy, within walking distance of the inn. Grab a book and relax on the inn's wraparound porch after a day of exploring.
- The hotel is a three-hour train ride to Greenport from New York City, or a 40-minute drive from the Orient Point ferry.
The Candlelite Inn
3 South Ferry Road
Shelter Island, NY 11964
What's included & when
- June 5, 2013 - Oct. 10, 2013
- Escape to the quaint Candlelite Inn on Shelter Island for nearly 50% off
$139 per night, Sundays-Thursdays
$269 2-night stay; arrive Sundays-Wednesdays
Includes daily continental breakfast for 2
Travel through July 18 or Sept. 3 - Oct. 10
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 631-749-0676 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests may be prompted to leave a message. Not available on: July 2-4. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms