By Travelzoo Staff
Each summer, New Yorkers (and celebrities) spill across Long Island toward the Hamptons, that legendary region of pristine beaches. However, Frommer's recommends a visit in the fall, "when the days are cooler, the crowds are thinner, and farmstands overflow with colorful produce. It's an excellent season for beachcombing, too."
Why we love it
- Admire the charmingly unbuttoned villages and million-dollar wood-shingled estates without dropping a fortune with this exclusive deal from The Grassmere Inn. Visit Sundays-Thursdays through Dec. 30 for $89 per night, and spend one night in a queen bed room with a private bathroom plus receive a bottle of wine (regularly $220). Weekends are just $30 more.
- Take a peaceful walk in the sand with a daily pass to Westhampton's beach. This pass can only be purchased by area residents or hotel guests, meaning the sand will be less crowded. The beach is less than a mile down the road from the inn, perfect for a nice stroll.
- Westhampton Village's Main Street is just around the corner and has charming boutiques and restaurants.
- Guests can also take advantage of the complimentary on-site parking. Additionally, be sure to visit Kimberly's Tennis and Sport Shop and receive 25% off any one item.
The Grassmere Inn
7 Beach Lane
Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
What's included & when
- Sept. 16, 2012 - Dec. 30, 2012
- A fall or winter escape in New York's legendary Hamptons, at The Grassmere Inn in Westhampton Beach for 60% off regular pricing
- $89 for a 1-night stay in a queen bed room, Sundays-Thursdays; king rooms are $10 more
- $119 for a 1-night stay in a queen bed room, Fridays-Saturdays; king rooms are $20 more
- Bottle of wine
- Passes to the nearby beach
- Complimentary parking and 25% off any one item at Kimberly's Tennis and Sport Shop
- Travel through Dec. 30
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 631-288-4021 or 914-234-9462 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Or e-mail email@example.com with your name and contact information. Not available on: Oct. 8; Nov. 22; Dec. 25. Tennis courts are not open. Breakfast will not be available on-site. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms