By Travelzoo Staff
Take in scenic views of fall foliage with this exclusive deal for a guided trail ride from Saddle Creek Stables. This trip travels through forests, alongside creeks and rivers, and through hill and dale on a 160-acre ranch located just 15 minutes from downtown Kansas City. This unique experience lasts two hours and includes a barbecue picnic lunch for $45, regularly $90.
Why we love it
- For $45, take a 2-hour guided trail ride at Saddle Creek Stables, regularly $90
- Saddle Creek is just 15 minutes from downtown Kansas City and 5 miles southeast of Arrowhead Stadium
- This deal also includes a break for a barbecue picnic lunch
- Tours are available twice a day, 7 days a week
- Saddle Creek was recently featured on Fox 4 in advance of the Kansas City Derby Fest, which the ranch co-founded
Sept. 17, 2012 - Dec. 18, 2012
Saddle Creek Stables
5915 Norfleet Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64133
- Upon arrival, you'll be matched to a horse suited to your skill level and outfitted with the proper safety equipment. The trail boss will lead a group of up to six riders through the fall foliage of the ranch, located near Little Blue Valley, which offers opportunities for wildlife sightings. Break for a mid-tour picnic lunch -- which includes a choice of either a barbecue chicken or beef sandwich, chips and a drink -- then saddle back up and continue your trail ride back to the ranch.
- These two-hour rides depart at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. every day of the week; wearing jeans and close-toed shoes or boots is recommended for your ride.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 18, through Dec. 18, 2012. Reservations are required and will not be accepted by phone. Reservations must be made online. Go to Saddle Creek's website to reserve a trail ride. Saddle Creek Stables will send an email to confirm reservation. Must present voucher upon arrival to complete redemption. Rides depart daily at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Limit 6 people per trail ride. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Riders must be at least 8 years old to participate and weigh under 300 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms