By Ashley Hamilton
Explore a century-old estate near Kansas City that boasts a storied history, renovated look and European-style spa -- and save 65% on current prices.
Why we love it
- The Elms Resort & Spa completed a $20 million renovation last year, ushering in a new lobby, spa and restaurant
- The new spa, called The Grotto, is a modern take on a Roman bath and includes saunas, plunge pools and an exfoliation bar
- Nosh on rustic Midwest fare made from locally sourced ingredients at the on-site restaurant
- Guests of the historic hotel have included Al Capone and President Truman
- The hotel is a 45-minute drive from downtown and close to wineries
The Elms Resort and Spa
401 Regent St.
Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
What's included & when
- Through January; rates change within the travel period
- $99 per night in a King Room, Sundays-Thursdays
$139 per night in a King Room, Fridays-Saturdays Sold Out
Upgrade to a Parlor Suite for $20 more nightly
Access for two to The Grotto at the spa (reg. $110)
$25 hotel credit
The fine print
Update (Nov. 5, 2013): Due to the popularity of this deal, the $139 weekend King Room voucher is now sold out. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 816-630-5500 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Dec. 5-6, 31. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms