By Travelzoo Staff
"With its antebellum mansions, streets shaded by mossy oaks, soft sea breezes and gracious residents," the coastal town of Beaufort, SC, is praised by Fodor's as "one of the South's most beautiful cities." Rising up on one such shady street are the peach-painted walls and wraparound porches of The Beaufort Inn, where a $139 Travelzoo-exclusive package for two full of romantic extras saves nearly 45% on current rates.
Why we love it
- Travel Sundays-Thursdays through March for a one-night stay (reg. $219) that starts with a welcome bottle of wine and box of gourmet chocolates (reg. $30), is followed up the next morning with a hot buffet breakfast, and continues with an afternoon tea of sweet iced tea and cake and pastries.
- The main building dates from the 1890s, with Victorian gables that angle down toward the surrounding gardens and courtyards. Facing the gardens are several historic cottages, where guests choose from rooms with private verandas and claw-foot tubs. Some rooms have decorative fireplaces and separate sitting areas. There's also a full-service spa, offering Travelzoo readers a 15% discount on all treatments.
- This town has proven particularly cinematic, offering up its cobbled lanes and rambling estates to the cameras for films like "Forrest Gump," "The Prince of Tides" and "The Big Chill." Trot through town when you stay a weekend night for $199 (reg. $259), which comes with a horse-and-carriage ride past top historic sights.
The Beaufort Inn
809 Port Republic Street
Beaufort, SC 29902
What's included & when
- Nov. 20, 2012 - March 31, 2013
- Romantic retreat for 2 in the town of Beaufort, on South Carolina's coastal isles, named "one of the South's most beautiful cities"
- Visit the historic Beaufort Inn and retire to a Luxury King or Cottage Room
- $139 for 1 night, Sundays-Thursdays (reg. $219); make it a 2-night stay for $249 (reg. $438)
- A bottle of wine and gourmet box of chocolates upon arrival (reg. $30)
- Daily hot buffet breakfast for 2 and afternoon tea with pastries
- 15% discount on all services at Beaufort Day Spa
- Weekend Option: Stay for $199 (reg. $325) for 1 night, Fridays-Saturdays, or $299 (reg. $584) for 2 nights, Thursday-Saturday arrivals, and get the above treats plus a carriage ride tour through historic downtown
- Travel through March
The fine print
With this deal, you don't have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call The Beaufort Inn directly at 888-522-0250 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Nov. 29; Jan. 2-4. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms