By Travelzoo Staff
Indulge in what made Tuscany famous -- its rich wines and historic villas -- while saving more than 50% on the regular package cost. Nestle into Villa la Grotta, a restored mansion overlooking the Chianti countryside, for $125 per night in October, including tax.
Why we love it
- For $169 per night, visit now through September.
- Unwind in a double room (Verrocchio, Cimabue or Pinturicchio room types) and receive these special perks:
- Daily breakfast for two
- Entrance for two to the Il Borro Winery, complete with a wine & oil tasting (held Monday-Friday in the Il Borro cellar and Saturday-Sunday at Villa La Grotta)
- Services of sommelier who explains the wines and winery history
- Guided visit for two to the medieval castle of Laterina, which reportedly inspired the backdrop of Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa"
- Visit to an organic farm with a salami and cheese tasting
- Reachable from the Florence airport in less than an hour as well as the Pisa airport (1.5 hours away), Villa la Grotta also features an outdoor pool and private garden. The tastings and castle visit are valid once per stay.
Villa la Grotta
Via per Sercognano
S. Giustino Valdarno
Arezzo, Toscana, 52020
Tel: 011 39 055 977 22 99
What's included & when
- July 16, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
- Getaway for 2 to the 4-star Villa la Grotta in Tuscany at more than 50% off
- $125 per night Oct. 1-31
- $169 per night now through September
- Wine tasting for 2 at Il Borro Winery (reg. $65)
- Guided visit for 2 to Laterina Castle (reg. $13)
- Organic farm visit with salami and cheese tasting for 2 (reg. $39)
- Breakfast buffet for 2
- Free Wi-Fi
- Purchase multiple vouchers to stay more than one night
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 011 39 055 977 22 99 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms