By Travelzoo Staff
Experience the unique country of Nepal, from atop the Himalayas and through the wildlife-spotted rivers, on an 11-day guided tour for $749 per person (based on double occupancy). Single travelers pay $999 per person. This exclusively negotiated package cuts 44% off the regular price of this tour.
Why we love it
- The itinerary starts and ends in Kathmandu, where a full-day tour leads travelers through the local markets and temples including Boudhanath Stupa. From here travelers embark on an adrenaline-pumping white-water rafting trip down the Trishuli River before heading to Pokhara.
- While in Pokhara, visitors will take in the sunset from atop the World Peace Pagoda and will explore the Seti River gorges, limestone caves and Phewa Lake -- which can be toured via rowboat.
- Then strap on those hiking boots for a three-day trek through open fields, bamboo forests and tiny villages in the Himalayas. Travelers will ascend a large stone staircase, walk a high suspension bridge and cross sparkling streams before reaching Ghandruk at the base of the Annapurna mountain ranges where the conservation museum awaits.
- Following the trek, spend time at the Chitwan National Park where an elephant-back safari is included at the elephant sanctuary, as well as a dugout canoe ride to spot local wildlife.
What's included & when
- May 9, 2013 - Nov. 10, 2013
- See the wonders of Nepal on an 11-day guided tour at 44% off
- This deal is $749 per person (based on double occupancy) or $999 per person (based on single occupancy)
- The itinerary is split between a 3-day hike of Annapurna and 8 days exploring Pokhara and Chitwan
- Unique tours include an elephant-back safari and wildlife spotting on a dugout canoe ride
- Includes all meals, camping accommodations, airport transfers, and English-speaking local expert guide and porters
- Depart on May 13; Aug. 15; Sept. 9; Oct. 14; Nov. 11, 2013
- Flights to the Nepal start at $1562 roundtrip, including taxes on Fly.com.
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call SNJ Travel Point directly 011 61 1300 984 098 (open 5 p.m. - 1 a.m. CT Mondays-Fridays) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Offer does not include airfare to/from Nepal, visa fees, travel insurance, gratuities or meals not mentioned above. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms