By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $199, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend who was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame. This two-hour "Qualifier" package at the Auto Club Speedway saves $200 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $199, drive a real race car in an 8-lap race at Auto Club Speedway, regularly $399
- This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
- It includes a track orientation followed by a race on the speedway track
- Or for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
Jan. 30, 2013 - Dec. 15, 2013
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
Auto Club Speedway
9300 Cherry Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers with an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for an eight-lap race on the speedway. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or for $64, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a three-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $129.
For those interested in a truly immersive racing experience, Travelzoo subscribers can save $4000 on this two-day "Speedcamp"
near Daytona, which offers a total of 150 laps around the track, actual racing against other attendees and driving tips from racing legend Rusty Wallace himself.
The fine print
Races take place Feb. 15-17; May 24-26; June 14-16; Sept. 20-22; Oct. 25-27; and Dec. 13-15, 2013. Online reservations are required and can be made here. If more race dates are added, you can select any race date on the schedule, but it must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance. Drivers must be between 5'-6'7" tall and between 100-300 lbs. Riders must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds. Drivers must be 18 years old or older with a valid driver's license. Must be at least 14 years old to participate in the ride-along. If under 18 years old, parental consent is required. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms