By Travelzoo Staff
Learn how to fly for $69 with this Local Deal for a 30-minute, hands-on private flying lesson with an FAA-certified instructor from Riverside Flight School. Travelzoo subscribers save $80 on this package, which also includes a flight simulator session and ground instruction to get familiar with the controls before taking to the skies.
Why we love it
- For $69 per person, take control of the cockpit during a 30-minute private flying lesson with Riverside Flight School, regularly $149
- 15 minutes in a state-of-the-art simulator and 15 minutes of preflight ground training are also included
- Get scenic views of Lake Elsinore and Canyon Lake from the pilot's seat
Nov. 19, 2012 - March 2, 2013
Riverside Flight School
6741 Gemende Drive
Riverside, CA 92503
- This one-hour experience includes:
- 15 minutes in the full-motion Redbird FMX flight simulator, which replicates the cockpit's controls, instruments, panoramic visuals and motion feedback
- 15 minutes of ground training that introduces the aircraft’s parts and the basic tenets of flying
- 30-minute flight lesson: Depart from Riverside Municipal Airport and fly south in a Cessna aircraft over Lake Mathews before heading east to fly over Lake Elsinore and Canyon Lake. Students can take the controls and practice steering and navigation during the flight
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Nov. 19, through, March 2, 2013. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; may buy 1 additional as a gift. Reservations are required. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 15 years old or older. Weight limit is 250 lbs. per person per flight. Flight times subject to availability and weather permitting. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms