By Heather Georgianna
Kata Robata "dazzles" under James Beard Award semi-finalist chef Horiuchi, known for "pristine fish compositions" and "magnificent" dishes (Houston Chronicle).
Why we love it
- "Fantastic sushi with modern twists" is rated "excellent" (25) by Zagat
- Houston Chronicle praises "raw or cooked, Kata dazzles"
- Restaurant of the Year 2013 finalist (Eater Houston)
- Earns 4 stars from more than 400 Yelp users
Jan. 7, 2014 - April 7, 2014
Kata Robata Sushi & Grill
3600 Kirby Drive
Houston, TX 77098
- For $89 (reg. $135), savor a nine-course chef's tasting for one; bring a party of two for $169
- Curated by the much-lauded chef Horiuchi, the omakase may include dishes such as New Zealand salmon with caviar, oyster with cucumber vinaigrette or Kobe and lobster truffle
- This "true culinary odyssey" changes daily to offer the best ingredients available (Examiner.com)
The fine print
Valid Jan. 7, 2014 - April 7, 2014. Tasting courses cannot be shared. Reservations required; subject to availability. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included; a 20% gratuity will be added to the full value.
See all terms