By Travelzoo Staff
Zagat bestows an incredibly rare "extraordinary to perfection" (28) rating for the "magnificent meals" at Mark's American Cuisine in Montrose, noting that this dining icon inside a renovated church boasts "impeccable service." The Chronicle calls it Houston's Most Romantic Restaurant and promises that diners will "find food unlike that in any other restaurant." With this exclusive Travelzoo deal, epicureans can savor the eight-course chef's tasting menu for $99 a person; or two can dine for $189 and receive a $30 gift card for a future visit.
Why we love it
- A "true epicurean adventure" (Houston Chronicle)
- Earns an OpenTable nod for Best Ambiance
- Among Zagat's Best Restaurants of the World
- For $359, savor 8 courses with a party of 4; $539 for 6
July 29, 2013 - Oct. 29, 2013
Mark's American Cuisine
1658 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77006
- Mark's changes its menu daily -- sometimes even twice daily -- in order to take advantage of the freshest ingredients. A sample menu could include:
- Starters like the corn chowder, quail and duck ravioli or the 5-star Dungeness crab salad
- Entrees including grilled Scottish salmon, Japanese Kobe beef or the ginger and coffee roasted pork loin
- Desserts such as the blueberry mascarpone tart or the coconut banana cream pie
- Dine with a party of 4 for $359, and receive a $40 gift card toward a future meal; or bring a party of 6 for $539 and receive a $50 gift card.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Monday, July 29, through Oct. 29, 2013. Reservations required; subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher per table. Everyone in the dining party must order the 8-course tasting menu. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Dine-in only. Seasonal items subject to change. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included; an automatic gratuity of 20% based on the full price of the check will be added. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms