By Travelzoo Staff
The 25th annual Houston Press Music Awards Showcase features "the astounding breadth and diversity of local talent" in a celebration of the city's live music scene. More than 45 acts will perform at the Aug. 4 event music enthusiasts "shouldn't miss under any circumstances" (Houstonist). Two get access to the complete lineup for $12 (reg. $20); or for $20 (reg. $40), get tickets for four.
Why we love it
- 25th anniversary of the Houston Press Music Awards on Aug. 4
- A night of music "you shouldn't miss" (Houstonist)
- Featuring 45 bands on 8 stages in the Business District
- For $20, buy a package of 4 tickets (reg. $40)
July 18, 2013 - Aug. 4, 2013
Houston Press Music Awards Showcase
1204 Caroline Street
Houston, TX 77002
- The eight stages are located in Houston's Business District, centered around the House of Blues. Acts include "the magic atmospherics of 80 year old Third Ward bluesman" Little Joe Washington (Austin Chronicle); the "perfectly written honky-tonkisms" of Mike Stinson (Houston Chronicle); or Doughbeezy -- one of Complex Music's "Top 10 new Houston rappers to watch out for."
- Vouchers can be redeemed for a showcase wristband at the House of Blues box office. Check out the performance schedule and watch your favorite acts throughout the day; all doors open at 3 p.m.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Sunday, Aug. 4, 2013. Present voucher upon arrival at any participating venue and receive your showcase wristband. All guests must be 21 and over and are required to present proper ID (U.S. driver's license or foreign license with passport). This event is rain or shine, once the voucher is purchased, no refunds will be given. Not valid for resale. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms