By Travelzoo Staff
Drop a fishing line in the gurgling San Marcos River, take a hike through a 150-year-old pecan orchard or roast marshmallows over a campfire, then retire to a cozy cabin in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. Book a two-night cabin stay at Leisure Resort Campground for $149 including four tubing passes, a s’mores kit and parking. Arrive Sundays-Wednesdays through Oct. 30 to save 45% on current prices.
Why we love it
- Each cabin sleeps up to four people and comes with air conditioning, a kitchenette, bathroom and shower. Cook up hamburgers on the outside grill, then eat at the adjacent picnic table.
- Upgrade to a duplex cabin that sleeps five people (a $5 fee applies for a fifth person) for $20 more nightly.
- While at the resort, enjoy a round of mini-golf, throw horseshoes, play sand volleyball, hit the nature trail or take the kids to the playground. Other on-site amenities include free Wi-Fi, a clubhouse with a full kitchen, a covered pavilion and a general store.
- The resort is about 30 minutes from Austin and 45 minutes from San Antonio. Area attractions include the historic town of Gruene, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the San Marcos Outlet Mall, Skydive San Marcos and Lockhart, the self-proclaimed “barbecue capital of Texas.”
- Note: Guests must bring bed linens, pillows, towels and cooking and eating utensils.
Leisure Resort Campground
1 River Lane
Fentress, TX 78622
What's included & when
- July 10, 2013 - Oct. 30, 2013
- Tree-shaded cabin for up to 4, nestled in the Texas Hill Country for 45% off
- $149 for a 2-night stay in a cabin with kitchenette, bathroom and shower
- Includes 4 tubing passes, a s'mores kit, parking and 2 resort hats
- For $20 more, upgrade to a larger duplex cabin
- Arrive Sundays-Wednesdays through Oct. 30
Getting there: The resort is 40 miles from Austin-Bergstorm International Airport. Visit Fly.com for cheap flights to Austin.
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-248-4103 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: July 7; Sept. 1. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms