By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can soar above Houston with an FAA-certified flight instructor with this hands-on experience from The Flight School in Cypress, Texas. For $59, regularly $120, aspiring pilots can spend 40 minutes in the air behind the cockpit controls during this discovery flight through the Texas skies.
Why we love it
- 40 minutes of hands-on flight time over Houston
- 2012 Flight Training Excellence Award winner
- Less than 30 miles from downtown Houston
- For $125, receive 2-hour introductory course plus flight
June 21, 2013 - Dec. 11, 2013
The Flight School
21904 Northwest Freeway
Cypress, TX 77429
- This experience starts with a 15-minute briefing on airplane fundamentals, followed by 40 minutes in the air for an introductory flying lesson. Participants can fly over downtown Houston or a destination of their choice that can be reached in the time allotted.
- For $125, take a 2-hour pilot training course on the ground with aircraft pre-flight inspection, flight lesson, and pilot logbook, regularly $248. Training course is available weekends only; training flight can be booked any day of the week.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, June 21, through Dec. 11, 2013. Reservations are required and are subject to availability and weather conditions. Flight lessons available Monday-Friday only. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours’ notice. Distribution of weight must meet the school's guidelines; 600 lb. combined weight limit. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be used in 1 visit.
See all terms