By Travelzoo Staff
The Houston Symphony will perform classics from Beethoven, Liszt, Schumann and Bruckner alongside piano virtuosos this November and December at Jones Hall. With this deal for nearly half-off tickets starting at $29.50, hear the Symphony perform one of two programs with Grammy-nominated pianist Stephen Hough or rising star Martin Helmchen, whose style The Boston Globe calls "consistently refined ... with a Mozartean lightness."
Why we love it
- The Houston Symphony will perform "Beethoven & Liszt" and "Schumann Plus Bruckner's 6th"
- Choose from 5 dates (Nov. 16-18; Dec. 1-2), including weekends
- Select seats are 50% off, $27-$45.50 (reg. $54-$91)
- See virtuoso pianists Steven Hough or Martin Helmchen
- "Beethoven & Liszt" performances will include Beethoven's "Leonore Overture" from his only opera, "Fidelio"
Nov. 6, 2012 - Nov. 16, 2012
615 Louisiana St.
Houston, TX 77002
- Discounted tickets in the Upper Orchestra/Mezzanine are $27-$28.50, regularly $54-$57. Upgrade to Upper Orchestra/Grand Tier seating for all "Beethoven & Liszt" performances for $43.50-$45.50, regularly $87-$91. The following performance dates and times are discounted:
- "Beethoven & Liszt" with Steven Hough
- Nov. 16 at 8 p.m.
- Nov. 17 at 8 p.m.
- Nov. 18 at 2:30 p.m.
- "Schuman Plus Bruckner's 6th" with Martin Helmchen
- Dec. 1 at 8 p.m.
- Dec. 2 at 2:30 p.m.
- The Guardian said Hough "seems to have reached a plateau where his keyboard mastery is beyond doubt," and The New York Times said Helmchen performs with a "warm, fluid touch and poetic nuance."
The fine print
To purchase tickets, click "Buy Now." Choose a performance and fill out purchase information. On the day of the show, present this voucher at will call to pick up your ticket starting an hour and a half before the show. Your ticket will be waiting at will call under your last name, unless another name is specified. This voucher has been purchased directly from Travelzoo, so no additional payment is required. Subject to availability. Restrictions may apply.