By Travelzoo Staff
Shelter Island, located just across a narrow stretch of water from Long Island, offers a low-key respite where "quiet country lanes wind across the island's rolling land," according to Fodor's. Spend a night on the island this fall with this exclusive deal from the Candlelite Inn that saves almost 35% on current pricing.
Why we love it
- With this deal for two, check in Sunday-Thursday through Dec. 27 for $129. For $70 more, make it a two-night trip, or spend two nights over the weekend for $229.
- The inn, housed in a 180-year-old Victorian home, is situated in the center of the island, making it an ideal home base for casual bike rides or hiking through the Mashomack Nature Conservancy, within walking distance of the inn.
- More adventurous travelers can hit the water with the included 10% discount at Shelter Island Kayak Tours. Or grab a book and relax on the inn's wraparound porch.
- The hotel is a three-hour train ride to Greenport from New York City, or a 40-minute drive from the Orient Point ferry.
The Candlelite Inn
3 South Ferry Road
Shelter Island, NY 11964
What's included & when
- Sept. 10, 2012 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Escape to a quaint bed-and-breakfast on Shelter Island for almost 35% off regular pricing
- $129 for a 1-night stay, Sundays-Thursdays
- Stay 2 nights, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals, for $199 (reg. $390)
- Stay 2 nights, Thursday-Saturday arrivals, for $229 (reg. $530)
- Includes daily continental breakfast for 2
- Receive 10% off at Shelter Island Kayak Tours
- Travel through Dec. 27
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 631-834-7578 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests may be prompted to leave a message. Not available on: Oct. 7-8; Nov. 22, 25; Dec. 24-25. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms