By Travelzoo Staff
The Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale has been collecting its 6000-plus pieces for the past 55 years, resulting in "a fantastic modern-art facility,
" says Frommer's
. Two can spend the day at this downtown venue and explore the newest Peruvian exhibit "Wari: Pre-Inca Lords of Peru" for $14, half off.
Why we love it
- Frommer's says The Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale is "a fantastic modern-art facility"
- 2 can visit the 55-year-old collection for $14, regularly $28
- Curator and head of collection research Jorge Hilker Santis was named "Best Museum Curator" last year
- The newest exhibit showcases treasures from Peru before it was inhabited by the Incas
- For $26, visit the museum in a group of 4
March 14, 2013 - June 18, 2013
Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale
1 East Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- On top of being a local favorite -- collecting more than 6,300 likes on Facebook -- the museum's curator and head of collection research Jorge Hilker Santis, was named the Best Museum Curator of 2012 by the Broward-Palm Beach New Times. Start your visit at the pre-Inca Peru site, filled with textiles, ceramics, ornaments, and sculptures from the land that was Peru before the Incas conquered. Other exhibits include Foto Fort Lauderdale featuring Constantine Manos (opens March 24) and Highlights from the William J. Glackens Collection.
- A group of four adults can save even more and visit the museum for $26 -- less than $7 a person.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 18, through June 18, 2013. Present voucher upon arrival. Valid for adult admission (ages 18+); not valid for children or senior tickets. Tax, if applicable, is not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms