By Travelzoo Staff
The National Geographic Society has been documenting the world through the lenses of its photographers' cameras for nearly 125 years. In conjunction with National Geographic Traveler magazine, photographers and editors with decades of experience will share their expertise in a series of photography seminars. For $79 per person, regularly $110, take part in this half-day "People & Portrait Photography" seminar; two can enroll for $119 and save even more on the regular $220 price.
Why we love it
- For $79, enroll in a photography seminar from National Geographic Traveler, regularly $110
- 2 can attend for $119, more than $100 off the regular price
- Attendees will learn from professional photographers with decades of experience
- This half-day seminar focuses on best practices for photographing people and portraits
- Instructor Catherine Karnow has photographed subjects around the world, including Prince Charles
Feb. 7, 2013 - Feb. 23, 2013
National Geographic Traveler
Nova Southeastern University Museum of Art
1 East Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- This seminar takes place Feb. 23 at the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art and requires no special equipment -- just an interest in learning from professional travel photographers. Attendees will learn:
- How to use composition, depth of field, foregrounds and angles to enhance the impact of their images
- How and when to best use the camera's flash, including maximizing a digital camera's settings to get the best exposure and how to work in low light
- Best practices in photographing friends and family, as well as how to get shots of strangers from different locations and cultures
- How to edit, upload, publish and organize photos digitally
- Instructor Catherine Karnow is a longtime photographer and filmmaker for National Geographic with nearly 30 years of experience, who has photographed such subjects as Australian aborigines, movie stars in Bombay, farmers in Albania and even Prince Charles.
The fine print
Note: Number of vouchers available to be sold is limited; this deal may sell out before the 'Time to Buy' has expired. Vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, Feb. 23. The seminar takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Reservations via email are required; must include name and email address to National Geographic Traveler to the address listed on voucher. Date-specific event, all sales are final. Not valid after event date. Nonrefundable by National Geographic once purchased. Offer not valid for previous registrations. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms