By Travelzoo Staff
Dive into the basics of underwater exploration with an introductory scuba lesson
from Aquanauts Scuba Academy. For $25 per person, take part in an hourlong group class and experience the thrill of scuba diving from the comfort of a pool, regularly $50.
Why we love it
- For $25 per person, regularly $50, experience the thrill of diving with an hourlong Discover Scuba course from Aquanauts Scuba Academy
- Dip into the heated pool and learn from a PADI-certified guide
- For $75, add an open-water dive to the experience, regularly $150
- Great for families -- children 10 years old and older can dive with this deal
- Or for $325, enroll in an all-inclusive Basic Open Water Scuba Diver certification course, regularly $400
Sept. 26, 2012 - March 27, 2013
Aquanauts Scuba Academy
801 NE 33 St.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
- The lesson begins with a short intro presentation on best practices. Then dip into the calm, heated pool alongside a PADI-certified instructor and learn the must-knows of scuba driving including how to properly use the equipment, best breathing techniques, clearing your mask and more.
- Or for $75, regularly $150, receive an open-water dive introductory experience. This class includes:
- A session in the pool to get acclimated with the equipment (from 8-9 a.m.)
- A one-tank dive from Fort Lauderdale Beach, where you'll have the chance to explore ocean reefs and catch glimpses of stingrays, fish and sea turtles (from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- All equipment and instruction
- Or for $325, enroll in an all-inclusive Basic Open Water Scuba Diver Certification course, regularly $400. This experience includes pool and ocean dives, all training materials and a test upon completion.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Sept. 27, through March 27, 2013. Reservations are required. Must be 10 years old or older to participate. Must be able to swim to participate. The $25/$75 offers are not certification courses. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms