By Caroline Patience
Dining at this lively tapas bar in Oakland's Temescal district is "akin to being in Barcelona" (Zagat). Choose any dishes or drinks on the menu with $50 to spend.
Why we love it
- "Casual atmosphere and serious cuisine" by Barcelona-born chef Daniel Olivella (Diablo)
- "Olivella's connection to the food and the place itself is palpable" - Michael Bauer
- Zagat praises Barlata as "very good to excellent" touting both its dishes and "superb drinks"
- Location in Temescal on Telegraph Avenue -- "a richly diverse culinary destination" (Diablo)
- Order anything on the menu from tapas to paella to brunch; valid for lunch, brunch and dinner
Oct. 28, 2013 - Jan. 31, 2014
4901 Telegraph Ave.
Oakland, CA 94609
- For $25, choose up to $50 worth of food or drinks from the menu
Stop in for brunch, lunch or dinner -- this offer is valid any time of the day
Choose classic tapas like patatas bravas, Iberico ham, or gambas ajillo "seasoned perfectly with garlic and a just-spicy-enough adobo" (Diablo)
Heartier dishes include paella, braised ox tail or grilled local sardines with fennel salad
Or pair your meal with a Spanish varietal from the wine list or hand-crafted cocktail
Guests who come for lunch will also receive a $10 gift card for a return visit
The fine print
Reservations are not required; space is subject to availability. Valid during merchant's operating hours; brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; lunch Wednesday-Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; and dinner Monday-Sunday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m (and 11 p.m. on weekend). Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends or from Dec. 15, 2013 - Jan. 1, 2014. Limit 2 vouchers per table. Please tip on the full value; 18%-20% is customary for good service. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; may buy 2 additional vouchers as gifts.
See all terms