By Travelzoo Staff
Dine on "impressive Nepalese, Tibetan, and Indian specialties in a lovely, tranquil setting" at Taste of the Himalayas on Shattuck Avenue (East Bay Express).
Why we love it
- Located in Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto, just steps from Chez Panisse
- Try an order of spicy momos; the Chronicle says they're "worth seeking out"
- "Soul-stirring" chicken vindaloo or "rich, chewy naan bread" (East Bay Express)
- Rated 4 stars by Yelp reviewers and 4.5 by TripAdvisor users
Sept. 14, 2013 - March 14, 2014
Taste of the Himalayas
1700 Shattuck Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94709
- For $20, two can choose $40 worth of food or drink from the menu
Select from appetizers, curries, tandoor dishes, biryanis, naan breads and desserts
Order the signature momos, "juicy" dumplings that marry "Chinese and Indian cooking traditions" (SF Chronicle)
The fine print
Reservations required; subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Not valid for the buffet. Please tip on the full value; 18%-20% is customary for good service.
See all terms