By Travelzoo Staff
Visit this historic World War II aircraft carrier for the day or get the ultimate experience and spend the night aboard the ship in the original crew bunks.
Why we love it
- Exhibits span the decades during which USS Hornet was an active carrier
- It's listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- USS Hornet was the recovery ship for the Apollo 11 astronauts
- Yelp and TripAdvisor users give the museum a 4.5-star rating
Sept. 17, 2013 - March 5, 2014; select dates for overnight stay option through Dec. 27, 2013
USS Hornet Museum
707 W. Hornet Ave., Pier 3
Alameda, CA 94501
- Stop by the museum for the day and get general admission for two people for $15 (reg. $16 each)
- Or, get the Live Aboard experience for 1 ($59) or two ($99) and stay overnight in the original crew bunks (reg. $100 each)
Live Aboard includes dinner and breakfast in the mess hall, a personalized tour, ride in the flight simulator, commemorative pin and certificate and a coupon for a future visit
Note: Bring a sleeping bag, pillow, flashlight and toothbrush for your overnight stay.
The fine print
Vouchers for general admission can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 17 through March 5, 2014. Vouchers for the Live Aboard experience are only valid on certain weekends once a month; dates include Sept. 21, Oct. 4, Nov. 22 and Dec. 27. Reservations are not required for general admission. Reservations are required and must be made at least 1 week in advance for overnight stays; subject to availability. Valid during merchant's normal operating hours for general admission. Not valid on federal holidays or special events; please check the Upcoming Events Calendar before your visit. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies for the Live Aboard experience. Must be at least 5 years of age or older to participate in the Live Aboard program; all ages welcome for general admission.
See all terms