By Travelzoo Staff
"With tips from the flight instructors at Pacific States Aviation, based at Concord's Buchanan Field, you'll have your pilot wings in no time," says Diablo.
Why we love it
- "Unleash your maverick alter-ego" with a flight lesson (Diablo)
- Best Place to Take a Flight (Diablo)
- Spot landmarks like Mount Diablo and downtown SF
- Pacific States Aviation is rated 4.5 stars on Yelp
Sept. 6, 2013 - Feb. 27, 2014
Pacific States Aviation
81 John Glenn Drive
Concord, CA 94520
Tel: 925-685-4400 ext. 200
- Take a two-hour flight lesson and go home with a logbook, certificate and photo for $120 (reg. $250)
The lesson starts with a 45-minute preflight ground briefing, followed by 60 minutes of flying time and a 15-minute postflight debriefing
Once in the air, listen to air traffic control and take the controls under the supervision of an FAA-certified pilot
If you live in the area, ask the pilot about flying over your house (subject to pilot discretion and weather conditions).
The fine print
Reservations are required and must be made 1 week in advance; subject to availability. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Weight limit of 170 lbs. or less. Participants who weigh more than 170 lbs. may be charged a $45 fee, paid directly to the merchant, to upgrade to a larger plane (larger planes subject to availability). Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; may buy an additional 5 vouchers as gifts.
See all terms