By Travelzoo Staff
Take the cockpit controls of a Cessna 172 with this $139 deal for a private flight lesson. This 1.5-hour experience includes 20 minutes of theoretical instruction, 40 minutes of practice in a flight simulator and 30 minutes of flying time.
Why we love it
- Get a bird's-eye view of the San Francisco skyline
- Once airborne, take the controls for a 30-minute flight
- Hayward Flight receives 4.5 stars from Yelp reviewers
- 2 passengers can come along for an additional $50 per person
July 18, 2013 - May 16, 2014
19990 Skywest Drive
Hayward, CA 94541
- From the pilot's seat, students can admire panoramic views of the San Francisco skyline, Lake Chabot, Mount Diablo and more. You'll meet the FAA-certified instructor at the aircraft at Hayward Airport for an instructional ground lesson, which will cover the flight path and controls used to fly the aircraft. Then, settle into the pilot seat for a hands-on flying lesson.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, July 18, through May 16, 2014. Reservations are required and must be made two weeks in advance. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Weight limit is 250 pounds per passenger. Under 18 years old require parental consent. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 2 additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms