By Travelzoo Staff
Spend a summer day touring the historic USS Potomac, moored off lively Jack London Square in Oakland. For $10, Travelzoo subscribers can take this guided dockside tour for two for half the regular price.
Why we love it
- The USS Potomac was FDR's presidential yacht
- Dockside tours provide a look into the former president's administration and personal life
- Located just off Jack London Square in Oakland
- Former famous passengers include Queen Elizabeth
July 9, 2013 - Sept. 1, 2013
The Potomac Association
540 Water St.
Oakland, CA 94607
- The 45-minute, docent-led tours give guests a glimpse into President Franklin D. Roosevelt's life and administration as well as his use of the yacht and its extensive 12-year restoration process. Once dubbed the "floating White House," the ship hosted royalty and political leaders, and Roosevelt "spent countless weekends fishing from the teak-covered deck, a haven from the troubles of Depression and war" (Los Angeles Times).
- Tours are held on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on a first come, first served basis. Tours depart up until 2:45 p.m.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Wednesday, July 10, through Sept, 1, 2013. Reservations are not required for parties under 10 people. Reservations are required for parties of 10 or more. Tours are held on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis. Tours depart up until 2:45 p.m. Subject to weather conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms