By Travelzoo Staff
Get an all-inclusive two-hour flight experience and learn all you need to know -- from the aircraft controls to in-air maneuvering -- in a Cessna 152 or 172. This Local Deal for a private flying lesson over the bay is $149.
Why we love it
- For $149, get a 2-hour flight experience, with 40-45 minutes in the air, regularly $298
- Includes a preflight briefing and flight simulator session
- Take off from Hayward Airport and soar over the bay, catching expansive day or night views
- California Airways has been instructing pilots for more than 50 years
- Makes a great holiday gift
March 11, 2013 - June 3, 2013
22693 Hesperian Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94541
- Regularly $298, this experience with California Airways allows you to catch sweeping views of the region during the day or at night and includes a flight simulator experience, 40 to 45 minutes of hands-on flying time, a pilot's log book and certificate of completion.
- Begin the experience with 30 to 40 minutes in the simulator, where you can test the limits of flight before takeoff using a five-screen simulator. Then, get behind the controls and take off from Hayward Airport. Fly over landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge under the supervision of an FAA-certified flight instructor. You can even bring along additional passengers for $50 each (paid directly to the merchant).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 11 through June 3, 2013. Reservations are required. Flight times are subject to availability and are weather permitting. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours' notice. Must be at least 12 years old. Persons under 18 years old require parental consent. Maximum weight per passenger is 250 pounds; maximum total passenger weight is 600 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms