By Travelzoo Staff
Spend a day at the races with this exclusive deal at Golden Gate Fields in Berkeley, an East Bay landmark since 1941. For $32 per person, watch the races from the Turf Club and get lunch, wine, a complimentary program and a VIP tour of the winner's circle, regularly $68.
Why we love it
- For $32 per person (half off), spend a day at the races at Berkeley's Golden Gate Fields
- Get admission to the Turf Club, lunch with wine and a VIP tour of the winner's circle
- The exclusive tour allows guests to see the horses saddled and the jockeys weigh in
- The Turf Club offers panoramic views of the track, private TVs and theater-style seating
- Live racing is usually offered Thursday-Sunday with the first race at 12:45 p.m.
Jan. 8, 2013 - March 30, 2013
Golden Gate Fields
1100 Eastshore Highway
Berkeley, CA 94710
- The luxe Turf Club boasts theater-style seating, panoramic glass windows and private televisions at each table. Dine on options like Cobb salad, a classic Reuben or French dip sandwich with your $15 food voucher, accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine.
- Also experience the Travelzoo-exclusive VIP Winner's Circle Tour, held during the seventh race on live racing days. A personal concierge leads guests around the paddock to view the horses getting saddled up and observe the race from the winner's circle. Fans will see the jockeys weigh in, listen to the trainers prep the jockeys for the race and more.
- Live racing is offered Thursday-Sunday with the first race at 12:45 p.m. There are eight to 10 races each day.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Jan. 10, through March 30, 2013. Lunch reservations are required at least 72 hours in advance. Live racing days are offered Thursday-Sunday. Holiday weeks have different race schedules; check the calendar here
for specific information. Free race track admission for children 17 and under. A strict dress code is enforced; management reserves the right to refuse admission to patrons deemed inappropriately attired. Please tip accordingly. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms