By Travelzoo Staff
The USS Hornet Museum garners a 4.5-star review from both Yelp and TripAdvisor users and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With this exclusive Local Deal, two people get admission to this historic World War II aircraft carrier moored at Alameda Point on San Francisco Bay for $15, regularly $32.
Why we love it
- For $15, get admission for 2 people to the USS Hornet Museum, regularly $32
- This historic World War II aircraft carrier is moored at Alameda Point
- The USS Hornet was also the recovery ship for the Apollo 11 astronauts
- Yelp and TripAdvisor users both give this museum a 4.5-star rating
- Or, for $59 per person, regularly $100, get the Live Aboard experience and stay overnight
- The overnight is also available for $99 for 2 people, regularly $200
Dec. 7, 2012 - April 7, 2013
USS Hornet Museum
707 W. Hornet Ave., Pier 3
Alameda, CA 94501
- View exhibits spanning the decades during which the USS Hornet was an active naval aircraft carrier, which includes both World War II and Vietnam. The vessel was also the recovery ship for the astronauts on the historic Apollo 11 moon-landing mission.
- Or, for $59 per person, regularly $100, get the ultimate experience with a Live Aboard Overnight package. Spend the night aboard the USS Hornet in the original crew bunks, and also eat dinner and breakfast in the crew's mess. This offer is also available for $99 for two people, regularly $200. Click here for more information.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Dec. 7, through April 7, 2013. Regular museum hours are from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., 7 days a week; gate closes at 4 p.m. The museum is closed on Christmas Day (Dec. 25) and New Year's Day (Jan. 1). Please check the Upcoming Events Calendar before you go as vouchers are not valid on event dates. NOT VALID ON LIVING SHIP DAYS. Vouchers for Live Aboard Overnight can be redeemed starting Friday, Dec. 21. through Friday, April 19, 2013. Reservations are required at least one week in advance. Valid only on certain Friday nights designated as “Family/Small Group Live-Aboard-Aboard” and cannot be applied to any other dates or events. Must be at least 5 years of age or older to participate. Must bring own sleeping bag, pillow, flashlight and toothbrush. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms